Wednesday 6 December 2017

I want this cake like woah! All that chocolate and caramel sauce

 
That’s it, effective immediately I am going to get organized. Uh huh, yeah right! No, I mean it this time. I’m always making lists and jotting down ideas or things I need to get done. Really, I’m a very talented list maker, got that part covered. My problem comes in when it’s time to actually refer to a list. Not only do I forget to do this, but I have so many lists that I usually forget which is which and I sometimes even forget why I wrote it down in the first place. The cycle of scribbling and noting repeats over and over and is always followed by me getting so fed up with the stacks of lists that no longer mean anything to me that I throw them all away and start the vicious circle over.
Ingredients
    Cake:
  • 3 large or 4 smaller overripe bananas,mashed
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
  • 1 3/4 cup sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1/3 cup dulce de leche or caramel sauce (I used this bourbon caramel)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/4 cup black coffee
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • Frosting:
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, slightly softened
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons dulce de leche or caramel sauce (I used this bourbon caramel)
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons black coffee
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • Ganache:
  • 50g semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
  • 3 tablespoons heavy cream
  • 1 ripe banana, sliced
  • 2-3 tablespoons more caramel for drizzling
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180C) and grease 3 8 or 9 inch round cake pans with oil. Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add bananas and oil; stir until combined. Beat in eggs one at a time until well mixed. Add all remaining ingredients up to the chocolate chips and mix until smooth then stir in chips and pour batter into prepared pans.
  2. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean and cakes are firm. Remove from oven and cool for about 15 minutes, then use a knife to loosen sides of cake from pans and invert cake pans onto large plates and lift off the pans. Place on a cooling rack and cool completely before assembling cake. You can wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge or freezer for an hour or two to speed this up.
  3. Frosting:
  4. Beat butter and 1 cup of powdered sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer until creamed. Gradually add remaining sugar and continue mixing in. Add remaining ingredients for frosting and slowly increase speed to high and beat until light and fluffy.
  5. Assemble:
  6. Place one of the cake layers on a serving platter and spread a moderate layer of frosting on top. Add second layer and repeat with frosting then cake then frosting again.
  7. Melt the chocolate and cream for the ganache in a double boiler over medium heat.Stir until well mixed then slowly pour over cake and allow a bit to run off the edges. Top cake with banana slices and drizzle with caramel. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator until ready to serve.


I want this cake like woah! All that chocolate and caramel sauce
4/ 5
Oleh

Berlangganan

Suka dengan artikel di atas? Silakan berlangganan gratis via email